09 March 2009

.:liar:.

I'm never going to post pictures on here. I apologize. I will update you on my crafting endeavors, however.

I finished two potholders, a scarf, and a washcloth and gave them to bg. He seemed to like them, so I'm going to make him another potholder. This next one will be better than the little one I gave him. It was a tad, well, shite. It was shite. But he won't burn his fingertips on his google sweatshirt anymore. There are positive moments to be had from shite-looking potholders.

I started a pink scarf (kinda a fashion scarf) that is fuzzy and wavy for my little sister, Shay. She's five and sweet as sugar. She was so excited when I gave it to her that she wrapped it around the two of us like a boa and giggled. It was worth the time and the frustration of dealing with that ridiculous yarn. The fuzziness caused it to get tangled up in itself from the skein. I was ready to pull my hair out. Her cute face made up for it 1000 times, and I'll do the same for 3 more sisters.

I just got a request from my friend Richard for a potholder. He lived with my ex for a year or more and used his. (I make a lot of potholders and have for years.) He requested I make and send him some (he lives in Florida). I am going to get on that after I finish bg's next one. bg and I are closer - in all ways.

I have yet to finish Bliss's bucket bag and Mom's cross-stitch (both Christmas gifts), but they both don't really mind. Bliss actually requested a blanket from a pattern good ol' lionbrand.com sent me. It's crocheted and very loverly (the pattern). I'll begin that when Bliss picks out/up her yarn. I'm looking forward to that little craft. It shouldn't take long, and it's easy. Sweeeeeet. I like mindless projects. And people. ;-) I also have to finish this blanket I started a while back. It's a garter stitch and simple, but you have to count and switch colors, then you bind off and pick up the stitches when you rotate it. It'll be grand when it's finished, but I put it down for a couple months, work on it for a week or two, then I put it down again. I'll definitely take pics when I finish it. I may even keep it. We'll see... Time will tell.

Thank you for your patience in reading my pictureless blog. Patience IS a virtue. I do appreciate your time.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Aw, I wanna see pics! I bet that blanket will be stupendous when it's finished :)

Lonnie the Girl said...

It's done then. I will post pics as soon as I can. I'm pretty excited about the blanket. :)